Newport MRS has a number of layouts available for exhibition including:
Frecclesham – Our BR(S) 7 mm layout.
- Minimum footprint including access 25ft by 5ft (see below for details)
- Power Consumption : <5A (All relevant electrical items have PAT test)
- Transport : Requires LWB Transit plus one estate car
- Operators : We need six. We may contribute towards the hotel costs for two of these, if needed.
- Full details for insurance purposes are available on request .
- Setup on day before show is preferred
- Due to effort and age of operators we can realistically only take Frecclesham to 2 or 3 day shows
- See the Frecclesham page, if you haven’t been there already.
Chaiman Dave’s Pavilion End is a compact 7mm Finescale layout with a single terminus platform and freight activity. Set in an industrial area, probably South Wales, it is BR (Western Region) in the early 50s to early 60s.
Dimensions are 5.0m by 0.7m for the layout footprint with further space at front and back for operators. Two operators are required but a team of four works best.
It travels in two estate cars.
Rodney Hall’s half-a-layout, Llanastr, is built to Scalefour standards and depicts the Brecon and Merthyr Railway just after the turn of the twentieth century.
It requires a footprint of 2.5m wide x 2m deep and a minimum of two operators (more preferred!). It is operated from front and rear and can be transported in an estate car.
Andrew Jamieson’s Brades Siding is O gauge and depicts an rail-served industrial location at the steam-diesel transition
Abergavenny Blackbrook is mid-fifties period branch line terminus built to P4 standards
It fits into two estate cars and requires a minimum crew size of four. Operation is from both the front and rear. It is 5.3 m x 1 m and requires a footprint of 6.2m x 1.8m.
Tŷ’n-y-Coedcae is built to ScaleSeven standards, i.e. 7 mm/foot scale, 33 mm gauge
Prototype – Brecon & Merthyr Railway, early C20
Style – End-to-end through layout
Length 20 feet x Width 2 feet
Operation is primarily from the front and rear.
A single 13 amp supply is required.